Meet Genevieve, a young, and beautiful woman that lived in NYC during the 1930's. She lived the life of her dreams and had everything she ever wanted - until one dark and dreary, stormy night. Genevieve and her boyfriend Grant were spending a Friday night together in their lavish, high-rise apartment. They had just gotten home from a night out on the town. They both had maybe one or two drinks too many, and were full of life, laughter and love. Grant had been wanting to propose to Genevieve for quite some time and even though they were both drunk, he felt so alive and happy that he felt the time was perfect. He glanced over at Genevieve who was walking towards the balcony. She was beautiful with fair skin, blonde curly hair and had piercing blue eyes. At this same moment, Genevieve slowly turned around, stumbling a bit, and gave Grant a smile. He was tall, dark haired and had eyes so brown they'd warm up even the coldest of nights. She loved him so much. They were dressed to the nines, and life couldn't get better.
She invited Grant to join her out on their balcony. She loved gazing at the New York City skyline. She would tell Grant that the reason she loved New York City at night so much was because the twinkling lights of the city reminded her of the stars. She would tell him that it were as if the stars in the night sky were here on earth, just for the two of them and that it was simply magical to her. It also reminded her of the twinkle in his eyes. It was cold and wet, so she snuggled up to his chest. Grant knew this was his chance. He got down on own knee, presented her with a bouquet of roses that he was hiding under his coat, and replayed the night that they met five years prior at Coney Island. Her eyes filled up with tears of joy, and after he asked the long awaited question, she exclaimed, "Yes"! They hugged and kissed like they never did before. She paused for a moment to take the gorgeous, twinkling skyline and looked down at her new ring that had that same, dazzling sparkle.
She was feeling daring and sat on the edge of the balcony to absorb all of the beauty and magic of this moment. She held the roses up to her nose and took a deep whiff of the fragrant flowers. Suddenly, the wind started to pick up and it seemed like it dropped 50 degrees.The rain became torrential, and the clouds became thicker. Grant was trying to get Genevieve to come inside, but she wanted one last glance at the brilliant, wet skyline. Without warning, a huge lightning strike hit the building across from them and stunned Grant so badly that by the time he gained his composure, it was too late. Genevieve lost her balance and plunged to her demise.
Genevieve is now stuck and lost in limbo, unaware of what happened to her, Grant and that unforgettable night.
FACE AND BODY:
- Clinque Stay Matte Foundation in Linen #1
- Sugarpill eyeshadow in Tako (matte white) used as a setting powder to get a pale, ghostly finish. I prefer using this method rather than using a stark white face paint/foundation because it gives a more realistic look and it photographs a lot better
- Too Faced eyeshadows in Cashmere Bunny and Sexpresso and a little bit of Sugarpill's eyeshadow in Bulletproof to contour nose, cheeks, forehead, cupid's bow and underneath chin
- Spirit No-Smudge Face Paint in Black on fingers
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk all over top and bottom lids as a base
- Sugarpill eyeshadows in Tako and Diamonds Eyes on top and bottom lids, inner corners and brow bone
- Sugarpill eyeshadow in Bulletproof and Too Faced eyeshadows in Cashmere Bunny and Sexpresso in crease, inner corners, inner brow bone, lower lids and outer corners
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in Nooner mixed with Sugarpill eyeshadow in Love+ blended around the eyes
- Spirit No-Smudge Face Paint in White applied on brows and lashes with a small brush
- Spirit Demon Blood
- Wet N Wild Lipstick in Black Cherry patted on center of lips
- Sugarpill eyeshadow in Bulletproof patted on center of lips
- "Lost Soul" Wig from Target
- Hair piece from Savers Thrift Store
- Black roses from The Dollar Tree
Was that story heartbreaking or what? I just HAD to come up with a backstory for this Halloween look. The tears of blood were added last minute before I washed this off and it took the creepiness level way up! I really enjoyed putting this look together and I loved the turnout. It has to be my favorite Halloween look I've done so far.
I was inspired by the name of the wig, "Lost Soul" and the makeup in this photo:
I really hope you guys liked this creepy Halloween look! If you decide to do this for Halloween, please let me know and share your photos with me! I'd love to see them.
Take care and Happy Halloween!