Hello, everyone! Get ready for a monster post, and it's a special one! I have collaborated with MakeupBee and Velour Lashes along with other Queen Makeup Bees to create a series of looks based on the names of the luxurious minx fur lashes that Velour has to offer.
If you've never heard of minx lashes, let me fill you in! These high end and sophisticated lashes are worn all over tinsel town, most popular with JLO and Kim Kardashian. They are made of 100% real, natural and sterilized minx fur. No need to worry though, these beautiful creatures are not harmed at all. They are gently brushed and then that hair is used to make the lashes.
I chose the pair properly named "Oops! Naughty Me". This pair of lashes are full, wispy and uber flirtatious. I then went ahead and created a makeup look based on the name of the lashes whilst wearing them, and this is what I came up with!
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Light
- MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC20
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Urban Decay Naked Palette (Tear Duct: Sin, Inner Corner: Mix of Sidecar & Toasted, Outer Corner: Creep, & Gunmetal used to blend inner and outer corner shades).
- Matte skin tone shade by Wet N Wild on brow bone
- Maybelline One by One Mascara in Black
- Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Zero
- Oops! Naughty Me Minx Lashes by Velour
- Sonia Kashuk Blush in Flamingo
- Cover Girl Lipstick in Spellbound
WOW. That was my first reaction upon receiving these beautiful lashes. They are unlike any other lashes I have ever tried. Not only are they absolutely gorgeous, but they are luxurious, sophisticated, and super sexy. The pair I have are very full and wispy and I was afraid that they would look ridiculous on me. I was wrong! They look surprisingly natural and they don't scream fake. They are not heavy like other lashes I've tried...they are very lightweight and feathery. They are extremely soft to the touch, and the color is a black-brown, making them look even more natural. They are expensive, but I believe that they pay for themselves. If you take proper care of them, they can be used up to 25 times! I would used these on special occasion to stretch their lifetime. I would definitely purchase these again and again and again!
How do I use Velour Minx Lashes?
- These lashes are aren't your typical lashes. They are extremely high quality and are expensive. You shouldn't treat them like synthetic fiber lashes. Apply one thin coat of mascara and let it dry BEFORE putting your lashes on. This will help keep your minx lashes clean and amazing looking for a lot longer.
Can I apply mascara on the lashes?
-No. Make sure not to apply mascara directly on the lashes because it can ruin the fur. Apply it before the lashes and let the mascara completely dry. If you take good care of them, they can be worn up to 25 times! Pays for itself!
Can I curl the lashes?
-You sure can! Since they are made of 100% real fur, you can curl them as if they are your own. They hold curl very well.
How do I clean and care for my minx lashes?
-Click here to find out how to care for your lashes.
Here are some photos of the packaging and close ups of the lashes for you guys. These are huge, high resolution pictures so make sure to click them to enlarge to see all the detail!
I really hope you all enjoyed this post and the look that I created! I had a ton of fun with it, and I am sooo in love with these lashes, I highly recommend them. I want to thank Makeupbee and Velour Lashes for letting me be a part of the collaboration. Love you guys, and I hope your weekend was amazing <3