Hello, my beautiful readers! I have a super special and uber awesome collaboration for you all today. Dawn from makeupbysiryn.com, Meredith from pigmentsandpalettes.blogspot.com, Kassie from unique-desire.com and I joined forces and recreated the makeup of our favorite characters from the Monster High Dolls. These are just perfect for Halloween, and we all had a blast creating these for you. I hope you enjoy them!
- Check out Kassie's 'Frankie Stein' look at unique-desire.com
- Check out Meredith's 'Abbey Bominable' look at pigmentsandpalettes.blogspot.com
- Check out Dawn's 'Clawdeen Wolf' look at makeupbysiryn.com
My character/doll is Spectra Vondergeist (cute name!). If you aren't familiar with Monster High, they are basically high school aged monsters. They are all the daughters/sons of famous monsters such as Frankenstein, Dracula, etc. Here is a little back story on Spectra:
"Seen Spectra floating through any walls lately? Keep your eye on this ghoul because she’s always appearing out of thin air! Spectra is the wicked cool 16-year-old daughter of The Ghosts who always has her see-through finger on the pulse of Monster High. She’ll deny it, but she’s been known to fill in the gaps of missing information with her own ghostly imaginings! Some student bodies even think she’s the ghoul behind the anonymous MH advice column “Oh My Oracle,” but that rumor is still unconfirmed. If you run across a sneaky little ghost ferret, don’t fret! It’s just Rhuen, Spectra’s scary-cute mischievous pet."
If you're interested, they have a youtube channel with a mini web series you can check out...it's really cute! Visit YouTube.com/user/MonsterHigh
|Credit Dai.an, Flickr.|
Now onto my look! I had such a blast creating this look(although it sucked washing off), and it is personally one of my favorites to date (I did this a couple of weeks ago and was sooo anxious to show you all)!
(click to enlarge)
*Note* Eyes and hair color are edited to match Spectra's.
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion to prep and protect skin
- Mix of white and green face paint applied with a cosmetic wedge
- ELF HD Translucent Powder to mattify and soften makeup
- Matte white eyeshadow to highlight
- Matte grey eyeshadow to contour nose and cheekbones
- BH Cosmetics 120 Eyeshadow Palette, 2nd Edition (matte lavender/purple, matte minty green, matte black, matte white)
- Wet N Wild Liquid Eyeliner in Black (also used for lower "lashes")
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Pencil in Pure White
- Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara
- Spikey Halloween Doll Lashes
- Matte grey eyeshadow to define and deepen hollows of cheeks
LIPS & EYEBROWS
- Jordana Bright Eyes Retractable Eyeliner in Purple
There you have it! I really hope you enjoyed these as much I we did creating them. I love doing collaborations and will hopefully have some more in the near future. I hope you guys are doing well and happy!
On a personal note, I'm going to be taking a mini vacation at the end of this week. I will be celebrating 9 years with my love. So there will most likely be no new posts until next week. I'll try to do a look before then and schedule to have it posted either Friday or Monday....we shall see what happens! Thanks for reading :)
See you soon!