Hi again, I hope you all had a great weekend! If you're like me, I mainly watch award shows to gawk at the gorgeous celebs, drool over the amazing gowns, and of course, admire and study their makeup!
There were many gorgeous looks this year, and I noticed that most of the female celebs leaned towards simple, natural, yet slightly dramatic looks.
My favorite this year was hands down, Mila Kunis'. She never fails to look elegant and sophisticated...but what I love the most about her makeup, is that she always has an edgy feel to it. It's never just "simple". Her makeup artist, Tracey Levy for Dior said, "I was inspired by the dress to create a fresh, sophisticated look with a lot of sex appeal".
This year, she rocked a natural and soft eye with a twist - a dark, navy blue liner. I instantly fell in love with this look and immediately wanted to recreate it, with my own touches of course. I think this look is perfect for Valentine's day, or even a first date. It still has that sweet and innocent feel to it, but then the surprise blue liner gives it a fun and interesting spin.
|Ahhh, her dress is stunning! WANT.|
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Light 10
- MAC Studio Fix Powder in N4
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
- Urban Decay Naked Palette (Virgin on tear duct, Sin on lids, Naked and Buck on crease and lower lash line with a bit of Darkhorse)
- Urban Decay Naked2 Palette (Pistol & Verve blended with Sin on lids, Foxy on brow bone)
- Maybelline Master Drama Eyeliner in Black
- Wet N Wild Navy Blue shadow over black liner
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Pencil in Pure White
- Rimmel Extra Wow Mascara in Extreme Black
- Halloween Lashes (forgot the name, sorry!)
- NARS Blush in Amour
- NYC Bronzer in Sunny
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Born With It
Mila's makeup artist used all Dior products on her:
Skin: Diorskin Nude Foundation #030 and #040 mixed with Diorskin Forever Foundation 030
Eyes: Dior 5-Couleurs Eyeshadow in Garden Pastels #441, Dior 5-Couleurs Eyeshadow in Navy Design #208 (along the lashline), Diorshow Iconic Extreme Mascara in Extreme Black
Lips: Dior Creme de Rose Lip Balm and Dior Rouge Serum in Sweet Pink Crystal #645
Cheeks: Diorblush in Passion Fruit #533 and Dior Bronze Original Tan in Healthy Tan #001
I really hope you all liked my recreation of Mila's look. I know it isn't exactly the same, but I like to put my own twist on things :)
Who was YOUR favorite look on the red carpet at the 2012 Golden Globes?
Stay happy and healthy, and have an outstanding week!