If you've been following me for a while now, you might know that I am a huge Hunger Games fan and that I created two looks last year inspired by Katniss - one inspired by her environment (forest, nature) and the other was inspired by her jewel dress and the quote, "The girl who was on fire". You can check those out HERE and HERE.
Since the movie release is right around the corner and I am getting more and more excited, I decided to create another look inspired by the series. This time, I focused more on District 12 where Katniss and Peeta are from. District 12 is one of the poorest, most ridiculed districts in the nation of Panem. Located in the Appalachian Mountains, District 12 specializes in coal mining. So I put together an intense, smokey and firey look to represent this district. I'm very pleased with the result and it's one of my favorite looks I've done in a while!
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff
- MAC Studio Fix Powder in N4
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Pencil in Jet Black all over lid as a base
- MAC Eyeshadow in Black Tied
- BH Cosmetics 120 Eyeshadow Palette 2nd Edition (Matte red, matte orange, matte yellow)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Half Baked
- Love & Beauty Glitter Liner in Gold
- NYC Eyeliner in Blue
- Kiss My Sass Eyeshadow in Sailor's Kiss (to set waterline)
- Wet N WIld Liquid Liner in Black
- Hard Candy Ginormous Lash Masacra
- Kiss False Lashes
- Hard Candy Fox in a Box Blush in Spicy & Sweet
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Buck to contour
- ELF Highlight Blush in Gotta Glow
- Lime Crime Lipstick in Retrofuturist, dabbed on to create a stained effect
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Half Baked on center of lips
I really hope you guys enjoy this look as much as I do! I think I'm going to wear this to the midnight premiere. I wish I had enough time to create a look for each of the districts, but that would be impossible...maybe someday soon!
A couple of things I want to share with you guys: I am planning on doing video tutorials for the 2 previous Hunger Games looks I've done and I will try to get those filmed, edited and upload by the time the movie is out. Fingers crossed!
Also, I'm only a few followers away from 2000! (Mind blowing, thank you all so much)! So with that said, keep your eyes open for an amazing giveaway coming some time this week :D
Take care, and I'll see you all again soon!