Hello, my lovebugs! I was on Tumblr a few weeks ago and discovered an artist named Lana Del Rey. I was immediately intrigued by her unique beauty and style, so I just had to see what all the buzz was about. I listened to a few of her songs on Spotify, and was instantly hooked. Her music isn't for everyone, but it's different and I like that. Her music sort of reminds me of a weird mix of Adele and Amy Winehouse. I watched her music video for the single "Born to Die" and loved the modern 60's makeup and flower crown, I just had to do a look inspired by it.
The neutral, yet slightly dramatic cut crease and intense winged liner gives a super sexy and classic look that can be worn by almost everyone, and will definitely not go unnoticed. The bold red lip ties everything together perfectly. (Flower crown optional!)
Despite recent scrutiny about her SNL performance, she is still a gorgeous and talented girl with lovely makeup!
|My lips aren't as plump and juicy as hers, but out-lining your lips a bit further out than they are naturally can make them appear much larger!|
|I made these "roses" using tissue paper...improvise people, IMPROVISE!|
It was hard to find a good screenshot of her makeup look, but if you're interested, you can watch the music video below to get a better look (and enjoy the music!):
- Make Up Forever HD Foundation in #118
- ELF HD Powder
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Skimp on lid and browbone
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Mushroom on lower lids
- BH Cosmetics 120 Eyeshadow Palette 2nd Edition (matte medium brown and dark brown to define and create cut crease)
- Wet N WIld Liquid Liner in Black
- Almay One Coat Dial-Up Mascara in Black
- Love & Beauty Lashes
- Rimmel Brow Pencil in Dark Brown (I tried to mimic the color and shape of Lana's)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Buck (to lighten a bit and set)
- ELF Studio Blush in Blushing Rose
- NYX Lip Pencil in Natural
- Lime Crime Lipstick in Glamour 101
- Lime Crime Lipstick in Retrofuturist (to add definition to center of lips)
I hope you guys liked this look! I know it's pretty simple and nothing spectacular, but it doesn't hurt to see a nice, classic look once in a while. Plus, I think it's great for date night (maybe with a lighter lip) or a night out with the girls!
On another note, my birthday is in 10 DAYS! Ahh! Can't believe I'll be twenty-six. Knowing that I was sixteen years old ten years ago is mind boggling to me. Is it safe to say now that I'm feeling old? LOL.