Hi guys and gals! Happy Friday! It's really starting to feel like Spring here in sunny Los Angeles, so I had this sudden urge to create a look with bright orange lips. I know some people shy away from it thinking it's too bold and out there, or that it won't match your skin tone. Well guess what? Orange is a universal shade that flatters everyone.
Yes, you read that correctly. It instantly brightens up your skin and warms your complexion that makes you look and feel ready for the warmer weather. It's also a fun alternative to red or hot pink lips. A lot of people say to keep the eyes simple when wearing orange lips, but here at Bows & Curtseys, simple is not allowed! You CAN wear bold orange lips and color on your eyes without looking like a clown. As long as you wear a complimentary color on your peepers in a toned down way and add some warmth to it, you can get away with it and look fab! Try wearing purple, blue or green on your water-line, or even right about your regular liner. Oh, and you cannot forget the full, luscious lashes, either!
I want to give FauxLash.com a quick shout-out for being awesome and sending me these complimentary lashes! They are just beautiful, well-made and super light-weight. Love them! They are long, full and have tiny black sequins that instantly give any look added drama. Just what I needed for this look!
If you are interested in these lashes, you can check them out HERE.
- Make Up Forever HD Foundation in #118
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Light 10
- ELF HD Powder
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Skimp on lids, tearduct and brow bone
- BH Cosmetics 120 Eyeshadow Palette 2nd Edition, medium warm coppery brown on crease and lower lid
- BH Cosmetics 120 Eyeshadow Palette 2nd Edition, dark drown to further define crease
- Almay Intense I-Color Eyeliner In Purple Amethyst
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow in Empress to set purple liner in water-line
- ELF Cream Eyeliner in Black
- Faux Lashes in Black Sparkle
- Hard Candy Fox in a Box Blush in Spicy & Sweet
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sin as a highlight
- NYC Bronzer in Sunny
- Milani Lipstick in Mandarina (new fave!)
Inspiration for this look:
I really hope you liked this look and that you'll try it out. I think it will look amazing on any skin and eye color.
Have a spectacular weekend, everyone!