Do you ever look up at the night sky and wonder if someone - or something, is staring back at you? Ever hope a man in a blue box will appear and take you away to see the stars, and other-worldly planets? No? Just me? Alrighty then! Anyway, I love to get lost in thought when it comes to our universe, along with it's galaxies, nebulae, it's wonders, and of course, the unknown. I've always been fascinated with space. I remember begging my mom to take me to the library when I was a little girl just so I could check out books about space, and stare at the beautiful pictures.
This look is inspired by the dark and mysterious beauty of the universe, more specifically of an image I found of the Carina Nebula. The Carina Nebula is a large bright nebula that surrounds several open clusters of stars. Eta Carinae and HD 93129A, two of the most massive and luminous stars in our Milky Way galaxy, are among them.
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff
- MAC Studio Fix Powder in N4
- BFTE Eye and Lip Primer
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean all over lids as a base
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Corrupt over base and blended out, also applied in crease to define
- Victorian Disco Care Package Glitter in Tac Nuke on lids and lower lashes (applied with GDE Foil Me)
- Mixture of reds and browns from the BH Cosmetics 120 palette applied above crease and lower lids
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Booty Call on brownbone
- NYX Eyeliner in Jet Black on waterline
- ELF Studio Cream Liner in Black
- FAUX Lashes in Sasha
- Hard Candy Fox in a Box Blush in Spicy and Sweet
- Makeup Geek Lipstick in Shy
- Manic Panic High Voltage Lip Gloss in Naked
I hope you guys enjoy this dark, sparkly and smokey look! I think it gives and nice contrast and it is definitely broody. These are my favorite types of looks to wear; I just love dark smokey eyes! I also love that this isn't a typical colorful galaxy eye that we're all used to seeing.
So let's end this post with a fun question...
Do you believe in other life forms out there other than us human beings? I definitely do. I don't think they're tall, skinny green aliens per say, but our universe is so vast, even beyond our imaginations, that there is just no room for doubt in my mind that we are not alone. That makes me excited. Maybe that makes me weird? Who knows. What I do know that if they ever decided to pop in to say hello, this is the first thing I'm doing:
Then hopefully see this: