Hello again! Not too long ago, I created a series of looks inspired by Muse's album covers. I did only the studio albums, but I have been so tempted to go ahead and create looks for their two live albums, HAARP and the Hullabaloo Soundtrack. I had so much fun putting these looks together for two reasons; I love a challenge, and anything Muse related!
HAARP is a live album and video released in March 2008 in the United Kingdom and April 2008 in the United States. The CD documents the band's performance at London's Wembley Stadium on June 16, 2007, while the DVD contains 20 tracks from the performance on June 17. The total number of audiences watching the band's shows on the 16th and 17th of June 2007 was 180,000 (150,000 seated and 30,000 standing). It was named the 40th greatest live album of all time by NME in 2010.
For their performances at Wembley, Muse had the stadium decked out with massive props to dress it as the HAARP, a US government-funded weather research station in Gakona, Alaska which supposedly uses high frequency radio waves to cause changes in the atmosphere. Matt Bellamy is well known as a "conspiracy theorist", and stated in a 2006 interview "Some people think it's designed to tap into the ionosphere to control the weather. Others think it's there to diffuse UFO beams, or to send out microwaves to control our thoughts". He explained to Virgin Radio "All these sort of antennas, cables, screens and stuff are based on the same sort of layout as the HAARP layout".
The crowd during the Wembley shows looked like a shuttle-like spaceship, complete with cockpit and exhaust!
Here's one of my favorite performances from the album:
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff #150
- MAC Studio Fix Powder in N4
- BFTE Eye and Lip Primer
- Sugarpill Eyeshadow in Butter Cupcake on inner corners
- Sugarpill Eyeshadow in Bulletproof all over lids to just about the crease and on lower lids
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Graphite to help blend Butter Cupcake and Bulletproof (top and bottom lids)
- Victorian Disco Cosmetics Care Package Glitter in Stun Grenade on inner lower lids
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Frappe above crease and lower lids
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Pencil in Pure White on waterline with Butter Cupcake patted on top
- Wet N Wild Liquid Liner in Black
- Sugarpill False Lashes in Spark
- NARS Blush in Amour
- Makeup Geek Lipstick in Innocent
I'm actually quite pleased with the way this turned out; I think it has a sort of HAARP-y vibe, If that even makes sense, haha! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this look and post! If you aren't familiar with Muse, please do yourself a favor and give them a listen. You can thank me later! I will have the final installment of this series up sometime next week. Take care!