A few days ago I was hanging out on Tumblr when I came across this image of Kat Von D sporting a gorgeous lightning bolt inspired eyeliner makeup look. I immediately fell in love and I had to recreate it on myself ASAP, but with my own twist, of course! I love how clean and sharp her application was, and I knew that it was going to be a challenge, but I'm pretty content with the turnout! I especially like the illusion of an almost normal looking liner when the eyes are open, but then you get that intense, angular cut liner when you blink. To add to that rock-star-esque vibe, I decided to pair this bold liner look with even bolder pyramid-studded lashes. Also instead of a red lip, I opted for a vibrant, neon pink. Go big or go home!
- Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in Classic Ivory
- L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Crayon Concealer in Fair/Light W1-2-3
- Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder in Translucent White
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
- Urban Decay Eyeshadows in Foxy and Walk of Shame on lids and brow bone
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Venus on tear duct
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Faint in crease and lower lids
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Crave to darken and define crease and lower lids
- NYC Bronzer in Sunny to blend out Faint and to add warmth
- Wet N Wild Liquid Liner in Black
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Corrupt to set and darken liner
- FAUX Lashes in FAUX+DEV
- NYC Sunny Bronzer
- ELF Studio Blush in Pink Passion
- Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter
- OCC Lip Tar in Anime
Are you a fan of the graphic liner look? I sure am. It's loud. fun and different, without being too dramatic. I think it's sleek and sexy! Another thing I love about this type of look is that you can go as simple or as loud as you want, and you can pair it with any lip color of your choice.
I hope you are all doing well! Take care!