Well, it is that time of year once again....SUMMER! Even though it always feels like summer here in Los Angeles, the real summer brings so much more than warm(er) weather. That means more beach trips, bonfires, cruises down Pacific Coast Highway with the windows down blasting my favorite tunes, cute clothes, and lots of bright, fun colors to wear on your face and hair! Summer also has it's downsides (bugs, sunburns, constantly applying sunscreen, especially if you're pale like me, ugly flip-flop tan lines), but it's all worth it in the end. Summer is all about having fun, and creating memories that will leave you longing for more.
So what better way to welcome the wonderful weather and good times than by transforming oneself into a modern mermaid? I was flipping through the latest Cosmo magazine when I came across a model towards the end of the issue. She was sporting glowing, bronze skin, and a bright aqua lower lid that just screamed summer to me! In another shot, she had a beautiful green/teal/blue ombre hair-do going on, and I drooled all over the page. I went ahead and combined the two looks with my own twist, and the turn-out was a fun and flirty summer siren look.
Some or all products shown in this post may have been provided by the said brand(s) for potential review and/or use. For more information, please read my DISCLAIMER.
Model: Emily Senko, Cosmopolitan Magazine, July 2013.
- Cover Girl Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation in Classic Ivory
- NYC Bronzer in Sunny along high points of face (forehead, nose, cheeks)
- Makeup Geek Pigment in Sweet Dreams to highlight cheekbones, nose bridge, chin and forehead
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
- Makeup Geek Pigment in Sweet Dreams all over lids, tear duct and brow bone
- NYC Bronzer in Sunny in crease
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Faint to deepen crease and lower lash line
- NYX Slide-On Pencil in Brown Perfection
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Crave patted on top of pencil liner to darken and set
- Rimmel Soft Kohl Pencil in Pure White in waterline and lower lash line
- Anastasia Beverly Hills HyperColor Brow & Hair Powder in Electric Blue patted on top of white liner
- Anastasia Beverly Hills HyperColor Brow & Lash Tint in Electric Blue on lower lashes
- Maybelline The Rocket Volume Mascara on top lashes
- MAC Mineralize Blush in Dainty
- NYC Bronzer in Sunny
- ELF Studio Lip Gloss in Dragon Fruit
- Anastasia Beverly Hills HyperColor Brow & Hair Powder in Mega-Watt Green, Teal Tornado and Electric Blue
- Set with L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray
I really hope you guys enjoyed this look! The bright ombre hair might not be for everyone, but I totally love it and it's so much fun, especially with matching makeup. If both together are too much, try one or the other alone - it would be just as pretty! I totally felt like a mermaid with my algae-hued locks.
So tell me, what is your favorite summer activity? Mine is spending all day in the water, and then hanging out with my closest friends and family in the backyard telling ghost stories by the fire pit and roasting s'mores!