Hi guys! In the spirit of Independence Day, I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon and create a a look inspired by the star-spangled banner itself. I wanted something super sparkly (like fireworks), festive and of course, dramatic! I was looking around for some inspiration and I came across some photos of Ke$ha at the 2013 RIAA Inaugural Ball and I fell in love with her look. Check out the photos here. We all know Ke$ha is not afraid of color and glitter...just what I was looking for! I tried to replicate the look as best as possible, but my platinum wig was not cooperating! I also wore my digital contacts because I preferred this look with blue eyes. Show off your patriotism with this fun look and sparkle on!
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Buff
- Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder in Translucent
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean as a base all over lids
- Beauty From the Earth Pro Eyeshadow in Vega all over top and bottom lids
- Sigma Eyeshadow in Seine to deepen Vega a bit
- Victorian Disco Care Package Glitter in Scar-H
- Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Corrupt in crease and outer corner
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Faint above crease
- Sigma Eyeshadow in Versailles on tear duct and brow bone
- Lime Crime Uniliner in Quill
- FAUX Lashes in Black Sparkle
- NYC Bronzer in Sunny right under cheek bones, no blush!
- Lime Crime Uniliner in Lazuli for the star
- Manic Panic Collection Lipstick in Tainted Love
Right after I was done photographing my look, I thought I'd mess around with some more makeup and I attempted to do some lip art. It's definitely not the best, but I thought it was cute and fun anyway! Sorry for the crappy iPhone photo. The red is the same lipstick as above, the Blue is Lime Crime's Uniliner in Lazuli and the white is Lime Crime's Uniliner in Lunar Sea.
I hope my fellow Americans have a fun and safe holiday! July 4th has always been one of my favorite holidays because I am mesmerized by the fireworks, and I love BBQing with the fam! (though I am not so fond of pesky mosquitoes).
Happy Independence Day!