Hey, lovebugs! Welcome to the final installment of my BH Cosmetics California Palette Mini Series! The last palette of the collection is the San Francisco palette. San Francisco is one of the most beautful and well known places in Northern California, and is very different from Southern California. San Francisco is known for the Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars, Lombard Street (the crookedest street in the world), Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, China Town, foggy weather, Alcatraz, amazing, fresh seafood and it's flamboyant nature.
Some or all products shown in this post may have been provided by the said brand(s) for potential review and/or use. For more information, please read my DISCLAIMER.
Fun Facts About San Francisco
- San Francisco was originally named Yerba Buena – In 1835 SF was called Yerba Buena, Spanish for “Good Herb”, a fragrant mint plant that grew along the shoreline of the bay. In 1847 the name was changed to San Francisco after Saint Francis.
- San Francisco is home to the largest Chinese community in the world outside of the country of China itself.
- The Golden Gate Bridge is so massive that it is constantly being painted as by the time the crew finishes painting, it is time to start all over again to maintain its spectacular look. This process takes about four years for the team to completely paint the bridge before they have to start over again and requires about two tons of paint per week.
- The Beatles’ last concert was held at Candlestick Park on August 29th, 1966. They began this historic concert with “Rock and Roll Music” and ended it with “Long Tall Sally”. This event lasted all of 33 minutes.
- There are over three hundred coffee houses within the city boundaries of San Francisco.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation in Fair
- Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder in Translucent
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
- Shade #12 on center of lids
- Shade #13 on inner and outer corner, blended into #12
- Shades #5 and #7 to deepen inner and outer corners
- Shade #7 in crease and outer lower lid
- Mixture of shades #2, #3 and #6 above crease and lower lids
- Shade #4 to blend out crease
- Shades #10, #12 and #15on inner bottom lid
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Foxy on browbone
- Rimmel Kohl Pencil in Pure White on water line with #12 patted on top
- Makeup Geek Gel Eyeliner in Immortal
- Benefit They're Real Mascara
- FAUX Lashes in Colette
- Shade #4 and #3 as blush
- Shade #2 as bronzer and contour
- Shade #1 as cheek highlight
- Makeup Geek Lipstick in Lovely
The BH Cosmetics San Francisco palette is just like the other two in the California collection (Hollywood and Malibu). The case is cute, compact, made with sturdy cardboard and comes with a handy dandy mirror to look fab on the go. It is adorned with the iconic Golden Gate Bridge on the top of the palette and the San Francisco skyline along the base of the mirror. Unlike the other two palettes though, you get a selection of 16 very wearable eyshadow colors, two blushes, a bronzer and a highlighter. You get a variety of light and dark shades, as well as different textures like matte, shimmery and glitter finishes. This palette is ideal for the fall and winter seasons!
Eyeshadow swatches applied over Lime Crime's Eyeshadow helper, two layers.
Just like the two previous palettes, and as you can tell from the swatches, these are very pigmented, smooth and last a very long time on the lids, especially with a good primer. You get an excellent color payoff for the tiny price the BH Cosmetics offers. On the left side of the palette, you get a nice shimmery/glitter golden bronze shade, a beautiful matte reddish brown that I love wearing in the fall months, a matte dark brown, a matte, light warm taupe, a matte navy blue, a gorgeous matte plum, a matte black (that has a slight warm undertone) and a glittery black.
The right side of the palette includes a dark matte, warm taupey-purple, a shimmery iridescent white-purple duo-chrome that is lovely as an inner corner highlight, a shimmery taupe-brown, a pretty matte sea foam green, a matte muted blueish-purple, a shimmery, sparkly forest green that is spectacular, a light shimmery cool purple and a shimmery light silver. The shimmery shades of this palette perform the best. The mattes are very pigmented, but they tend to be a bit on the powdery side.
Blush swatches applied on bare skin, two layers.
The compact palette also comes with four cheek colors which includes a highlighter, bronzer and two blushes. The highlighter is a nice shimmery light champagne gold that will give light skin a glowing complexion. The bronzer has a very slight shimmer to it, and it's a great shade for my fellow fair skinned people and it's not orange, hooray! The two blushes are amazing. One is a shimmery rose gold that is very rich and luxurious and then my favorite is the matte bright coral pink. It is extremely pigmented so a little goes a very long way.
So as you can see from this review along with the Hollywood and Malibu palettes, I am very much in love with them! They are uber affordable, pigmented, of excellent quality and oh so fun! I highly recommend BH Cosmetics to any makeup lover on a budget. They have never disappointed me, and they are all I used when I started this blog. I also need to mention that they have great customer service and always have amazing deals on their website. If you want to keep up to date on their deals and special offers, make sure to like their Facebook page here. Currently, this palette is on sale over at www.bhcosmetics.com for just $8.95 USD. They're practically giving it away! Also, if you are interested in all three palettes (Hollywood, Malibu and San Francisco) they have a jaw-dropping deal going on right now. You can get all three palettes, PLUS a kabuki brush for just $18.00 USD! That's basically the price of just one MAC eyeshadow...
I hope you guys enjoyed this mini series! I always have fun creating unique looks for you guys, and I love being inspired by beautiful places as well. Take care, and I'll see you again soon!